Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

This Newbie's Intro

     Okay, so I am still trying to figure all of this blogging stuff out. Choosing a template, changing the background, adding widgets or gadgets or whatever they are called, giving it my own personal touch, etc. It will all come, but for now, I thought it'd be nice if I simply introduce myself. 
     Hi!! My name is Brandi, and I am wife, mother, sister, daughter, friend and a handful of other titles(multi hat-wearer like most of you!) My husband, Gary, and I have been married for over 20 years, and have weathered many seasons with our family of 5. Some great, some not so great, but we are stronger for it I think. I have primarily been a stay-at-home mama for most of that time, and I wouldn't trade that for the world. I have loved being able to be here for my kids as they were growing, even if there were many years I considered myself a stay-in-the-van mom with the multiple trips to practices, games, performances, etc. The older two are now young adults, so life looks a little different here. Who am I kidding? A lot different! My nest isn't quite empty, but I can feel it coming, and as much as I know it's a necessary step, my heart isn't quite ready for it. Michael is already on his own, but still nearby, and Sara will soon be starting new adventures of her own.  Our youngest, Nicholas,  happens to have Down syndrome, and it really is just a tiny part of who he is. You'll get to know each of them a little more down the road I am sure. :)
     Now, I have to be honest right up front. I am a rambler. I sometimes tend to give too many details in my stories. Now, don't confuse this with TMI....totally not the same thing. I just need to make sure you have all of the information. I blame my dad. I promise you, when he is done telling you a story, you will be able to find the person the story is about. You'll know what they look like, where they live, where they work, what they drive, what their favorite dish is at Olive Garden, and you won't be able to eat there again without wondering if the main character is eating there(as you study each customer who ordered their favorite dish). I try to limit it to the really important stuff, but sometimes, you are simply gonna get more than you need. I apologize in advance. :)
     I don't really know what I want to get out of this blog, but I've had the desire to write for quite sometime now, so I thought this would be a good place to start. For now, I plan on writing about the things that are most important to me: my faith, my family and friends, my fitness journey, food!! and then a good handful of fun (and certainly randomness). Thank you for reading! 

From this girl's shoes,
Brandi
   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment