Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Never Have I Ever

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately, mostly due to the fact that my nest is going to be facing yet another void here in the next few months, and quite honestly, I am not really ready for it. I mean, who is REALLY ready for it? I have loved being able to be a SAHM, but found it important over the years to not get completely lost in that title. I would never trade it for the world, but I made a point to have some interests that were not directly related to my kiddos. Since my children were little, I have looked for new things to try, hobbies to pursue, groups to join, etc. just so that when this empty nest season was upon us, I wouldn't find myself at such a loss. My long list includes things like cake decorating, piano lessons, 2 MOPS groups(okay...very related to my kiddos), a few different bible study groups, rock climbing, running, homemade paper making, canning, gardening, voice lessons, quilting...i could go on and on... And I guess it has helped, to a degree anyway, but I am finding I still have to continue exploring new things to help keep my brain busy as life keeps changing around here. A game we have played for years now with our youth groups, with the adult leaders, at women's retreats, etc. is 'Never Have I Ever', or 'I Have Never'. To start the game, everyone holds up 10 fingers, and then we take turns stating something we have never done. If anyone else in the group has done it, then they put down a finger. The object of the game is to be the last one with fingers still up. I've decided to compile a list of 'nevers' that I need to get accomplished in the near future(which will make the game a little harder next time, too!!).

My ever-changing list:

I have never...
rode a tandem bike.
sang at an open mic night.
been to the ocean.
eaten lobster.
been ice fishing or fly fishing.
attended a symphony.
painted a real picture.
played raquetball.
slept in a treehouse. heck...i've never been in a treehouse.
made pottery.
actually watched The Princess Bride.
been snow skiing.
learned how to knit.
been to a jazz club.
been kayaking.
sang karaoke.
been on a road trip in an RV.
actually golfed.
participated in a triathlon.
been on a mission trip.
driven a boat.

okay....so those may not seem too crazy exciting to most of you, but give me time to get my feet wet..I am sure I will keep adding to this list, and I am always open to suggestions!! A few things that will remain on the 'i have never' list for a bit longer though...

been bungee jumping.
been skydiving.
gotten a tattoo.
driven a motorcycle.
been parasailing, paragliding, or anything else with the prefix 'para'.
been out of the country(but someday!!).

Let the adventures continue!!!

From this girl's shoes,
Brandi


















1 comment:

  1. Almost a year later, and I can only cross one thing off of that list, completing a triathlon! Gotta get crackin !!

    ReplyDelete